Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Closing Shop

I'm closing shop for a while, yes this was kind of the point of my last post, but this is a bit different. I came to the conclusion the other night while talking with Joel that I need an extended break from my little business. It felt right. I was planning on just taking a break until the end of September, but I decided I need more time than that. I'm not sure when I'll start things back up again, but I will be sure to post it on the blog when I do.
As much as I love photography (capturing love through my lens and then the creative process in photoshop after) I'm doing this because there are other things I feel need my full attention at the moment. I'm doing this because my life in front of a computer screen is sadly taking it's toll. I'm doing this because I don't want photography to become a "job". I like it too much for that. I'm doing this because I want to be healthy, and because I learned that I need to take care of myself first (you have to put on your own oxygen mask first right?).
When I come back I'll have an updated blog/website, a more defined style/brand, and updated pricing. I'm excited for the changes that are coming and excited to have a little breather.
Thanks for understanding
Edited * I still have a couple photo shoots that I had already lined up and several photo shoots that I need to retouch and send off. If I already set up a photo session with you or haven't sent you your pictures yet, worry not :) I totally haven't forgotten you and am definitely not canceling anything or putting off any retouching.

3 comments:

julie and nick said...

Kalli, we love you!!! You are an amazing photographer and a beautiful person inside and out. You always give your heart and soul to your photographs, and have provided such a wonderful service to us all. Thanks so much. Best wishes in all you're working on at the moment. Our prayers and love are with you. (I'm glad I know where you are and that I can still see you whenever I want) :) :) :) love, julie

Lindsay said...

You deserve a break, Kal! o-tsukaresama desu! LOVE YOU LOTS! ;)

kallina said...

Thanks you guys. You are so sweet!